The Cathedral is the most important sacred building in the city, and has been the site of very important events over the centuries, such as the coronation of the king of Naples, Ferrante of Aragon (1459).
Documented in sources since the early thirteenth century, the Castle of Barletta experienced a phase of profound renewal in the Frederick and Angevin periods.
Built next to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the building served as an archive of the city's writings in the sixteenth century
Palazzo Damato is one of the most significant places in the city as it hosts what is commonly called the Cantina della Sfida, the place where the spark that would lead to the famous Challenge of Barletta was struck.
A few steps from the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, the oratory of San Pietro was built by the ancient archconfraternity of the Santissimo Sacramento.
The building testifies to the close link between Barletta and the city of Canne, also evident in the construction of the village where the church of San Giacomo was built, which welcomed the refugees from that city.
The church of Santa Chiara was founded in the 15th century, but not much remains of its Renaissance phase.
The history of the church of Santa Maria di Nazareth, evidence of the very close relationships between Barletta and the Holy Land, is complex.
The Colossus of Barletta is the city’s best-known monument: commonly referred to by the name of the emperor Heraclius, in truth it escapes certain identification.
The remains of the ancient city walls are visible at various points of the city.
Probably founded at the end of the 11th century together with the adjoining village, where the refugees who arrived from Canne were hosted, the church of San Giacomo belonged to the Benedictines of Monte Sant'Angelo for a long time.
Documented as early as the 12th century, the church of San Salvatore was dedicated to Sant'Andrea.
The Ospedale was built close to the ancient city center, on the ancient Strada del Cambio, one of the main arteries of the city, today known as Corso Cavour, and near two important churches: Santa Chiara and Santa Lucia.
Also known as Palazzo Samuelli, from the name of the family who still lived there in the eighteenth century, the building had belonged to the important Affaitati family
he palace, which bears the name of the Bonelli family who owned it from 1685, had belonged to the noble Della Marra family during the Renaissance.
Built in the sixteenth century over a pre-existing building, before being acquired by the Della Marra family in 1633, it belonged to Lelio Orsini, count of Pacentro, Tagliacozzo and Oppido
The construction of the Palazzo Pretorio, new headquarters of the Universitas, became necessary when, in 1540, the Palazzo del Capitano (Palazzo dell'Arco) was given to the Benedictine nuns of the Annunziata to be used as a convent.
Palazzo Santacroce was built in the 15th century in the square in front of the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, of which it occupies part of the churchyard. It takes its name from the family that took over from the Queralts in the 18th century
The gate, which today appears as an isolated monument, is the only surviving example in the city of the gates incorporated into the city wall system.
The port of Barletta dates to the 2nd-4th century AD. The interpretation of certain documents suggests that the Colossus, currently at the Holy Sepulchre, was initially located in the port of Barletta.
The palace was built in 1473 by Francesco de Arenis, executioner of Terra di Bari and Terra d'Otranto, and it was the house of the Captain. In the sixteenth century it became a monastery and hosted the Benedictine nuns of the Annunziata.
Listed from the 12th century among the possessions of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem, the church initially stood outside the city perimeter. With the expansion of the city walls, in 1162, it was incorporated within the city.
The Arch marked the end point of the traditional ceremony by which bishops accessed the city, during which the prelate was led to the cathedral on a white donkey.
The castle of Gerace was built around the 8th century on pre-existing Roman fortifications, on a spur of rock separated from the city cliff, to which it was connected with a drawbridge.
Founded in the second half of the thirteenth century, the church was part of a much larger convent complex than the current one, which is contiguous to the left side front of the building.
The cathedral was founded in the Norman period between the end of the 11th and the beginning of the 12th century, on a pre-existing and more modest Byzantine church located at the level of the crypt.
The palace retains traces of its first construction, which dates back to the second half of the fifteenth century.
The foundation of palazzo Candida dates back to the second half of the sixteenth century, when the family of the namesake Syracusan bishop followed him to Gerace, after his appointment in 1552.
The palace currently houses part of the diocesan museum as well as the bishop's private residence and was probably built in the Late Middle Ages, at the same time as the construction of the Cathedral.
The house, which has been profoundly transformed over the centuries, preserves an important trace of the activity of Giovan Battista Lucifero, who belonged to a family of skilled stonemasons and architects from Gerace
The first Episcopal Seminary of Gerace was founded in 1565 by Bishop Andrea Candida at his expense, according to the decrees of the Counter-Reformation.
The statue, currently located to the right of the altar in the church of the monastery of Sant'Anna, comes from the now destroyed chapel of Santa Maria del Gesù, erected by Countess Caterina Concublet in the church of San Francesco d'Assisi
The so-called Arco di Marzano incorporates the Porta di Piazza, which is one of the city gates that gave access to the medieval district of Borgonovo, in the upper part of the city.
The castle stands on a very stratified site, which once hosted the ancient port of the Greek colony of Hipponion.
The Castle, which stands at the highest point of the city, houses one of the offices of the Superintendence of Archeology, Fine Arts and Landscape of Calabria and the Vito Capialbi National Archaeological Museum.
The church, the main parish church of Vibo before the current Cathedral was built, is located at the highest point of the road which, in medieval times, represented the junction between the district of Borgonovo and that of Terravecchia
The church now dedicated to Santa Maria la Nova was founded in 1521 on the initiative of the Duke of Monteleone, Ettore Pignatelli, under the title of Santa Maria del Gesù
The building stands on the site previously occupied by the church of Santa Maria della Neve, founded in the 9th century near the medieval village called Terravecchia.
The origins of the residence date back to works carried out by Galeazzo Capialbi, a man at arms from Benevento, between 1496 and 1514, on an area granted to him by the city Parliament.
The gate, one of the seven that gave access to the medieval settlement of Borgonovo, was located at the southern end of the medieval city walls.
The Valentianum, or Museum of Sacred Art of Vibo Valentia, is located on the first floor of the old Dominican convent established in the city in 1455.
The fragment, currently walled into the former cloister of the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli, was part of a larger inscription positioned over the altar commissioned by Ettore III Pignatelli, Duke of Monteleone in 1598
The church is located on the extreme north-eastern extremity of the promontory on which the city stands, in an area previously occupied by the small church of San Pietro ad Ripas.
On the site where the church currently stands, outside the protected center of the city, there was a chapel, documented in sources as early as the 13th century.
Probably founded in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 12th, the co-cathedral stands on the site of a pre-existing Byzantine structure, on the northern part of the Tropea cliff, around which the medieval center of the city grew.
The church of Sant'Andrea, without a real façade, overlooks a vaulted passage crossed by a road.
The church of Sant'Antonio Abate, known as Sant'Antuono, is located in the neighborhood next to the Castle.
The Sedile of Teggiano, originally located in the portico of the church of the Corpo di Cristo and which collapsed during the earthquake of 1857, has been known since the 15th century.
The church and convent stand on an area that housed a female Benedictine monastery in the 14th century.
La chiesa del SS. Rosario, suffraganea della chiesa Madre, sorge nel punto più alto del centro di Alì.
La chiesa madre dedicata a Sant’Agata domina il piccolo centro urbano con la sua mole.
La dimora della famiglia Fama è sita tra la chiesa delle Anime Purganti e la via Pietro Fama...
La chiesa dello Spirito Santo sorge nella parte alta del comune di Alì, a conclusione della via ...
Secondo le fonti, il convento di Alì costituisce per cronologia la quarta sede in Sicilia dell'ordine ...
Il palazzo della famiglia Maggiore sorge alle spalle della chiesa madre di Alì, lungo la strada che conduce ...
The structure, among the largest in the municipal context, testifies to the development that the Augustan colony must have had in the 1st century AD.
The castle is of early medieval origin, built at the foot of the Sant'Angelo hill, close to the ancient urban layout.
The cathedral, built in the 12th century, stands on the San Leonardo hill, opposite the historic center, in an area that today appears depopulated but which was originally full of ruins
The church, with the tall spire of its bell tower, dominates the declining profile of the historic center of Venafro that lies at the foot of the castle.
The church and the Franciscan convent complex were built in a peripheral area of the historic center, of which they became the hub, along the road that leads to the cathedral
La torre, conosciuta anche come Palazzo Caracciolo di Miranda, dal nome degli ultimi feudatari di Venafro, secondo la tradizione fu edificata nel Trecento dalla duchessa Maria di Durazzo.
La chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore a Teggiano, documentata già nel X secolo ma ricostruita nel Duecento e, nuovamente, a seguito del terremoto del 1857, conserva importanti tracce della stagione medievale e rinascimentale
Today known as Castello Macchiaroli, its construction dates back to the 10th or 11th century.
Founded in the Angevin age outside the walled city, near the door by the same name, the church was profoundly remodeled in the sixteenth century
The church was built in the sixteenth century, but its interior was restored in the nineteenth century, following a fire.
Founded at the time of the Normans, the Church of San Michele is located on the edge of the town, with apses protruding towards the valley below.
The palace of the de Honestis family dates back to the 18th century
La chiesa madre di Santa Maria Assunta si trova nel punto più alto dell'antico centro...
La chiesa di Santa Marina si inserisce in un sito dall'orografia complessa, in forte pendenza...
La costruzione della chiesa viene legata all’istituzione, all'inizio del XV secolo, della confraternita di Sant'Agata...
Il museo civico venne istituito nel 1984, destinando a sede delle collezioni artistiche e dell'Archivio Storico...
Il museo, aperto al pubblico dal 2005, espone opere d'arte...
Sorta sul sito di una precedente chiesetta medievale, l’avvio della nuova costruzione risale...
A poca distanza dalla chiesa madre sorge la chiesa di San Sebastiano dedicata al santo patrono...
Le prime notizie di una chiesa intitolata a Santa Lucia risalgono al XII secolo...
La chiesa di San Nicola sorge all’estremità orientale del centro abitato, connessa alla chiesa Madre,,,
Da questa piccola chiesa, di incerta datazione, prende nome il quartiere nel quale è ubicata...
Poco distante dalla chiesa madre sorge un edificio nato alla fine del XVI secolo per accogliere le donne indigenti
La chiesa madre di Sant'Angelo di Brolo, intitolata a Santa Maria, si trova nel cuore del centro urbano...
La chiesa annessa all’ex convento dei Minori Osservanti di Sant’Angelo di Brolo si trova a margine dell’abitato...
Nella contrada di piano Croce sorge un complesso rurale nato dalla trasformazione in residenza extraurbana...
La chiesa di San Domenico fu costruita nella seconda metà del XVI secolo
Pochissime sono le informazioni disponibili sulla chiesa di San Nicolò...
Non possediamo informazioni precise sulle cronologie in cui si colloca la costruzione...
La chiesa sorge nella parte più alta del paese, sul ciglio di un costone...
La chiesa di San Pietro si trova nel punto più alto di Roccavaldina, connessa alla chiesa madre...
Il palazzo sorge nella parte più bassa del paese e occupa un isolato oggi circondato dall'abitato.
La chiesa si trova all'interno dell'antico quartiere ebraico di Castroreale, al confine meridionale dell'abitato...
La chiesa sorge nei pressi dell'antico quartiere ebraico di Castroreale, di fronte alla Sinagoga...
Le prime notizie sulla chiesa dedicata alla Madonna Accomandata risalgono alla seconda metà del XV secolo...
Il complesso conventuale dei frati Minori Osservanti sorgeva a poca distanza dal centro abitato, immerso nel verde...
Ad angolo tra la piazza del castello e l’attuale via Umberto I, si trova una bottega di speziale...
La piccola chiesa dei SS. Cosma e Damiano sorge nell’antico quartiere ebraico di Rocca...
La chiesa di Maria Santissima della Catena si trova nell’omonima contrada, a poca distanza....
Istituito nel 2000 è uno dei poli in cui si articola il Museo Diocesano diffuso ...
Built around the mid-15th century, the Palace is among the most fascinating examples of 15th-century Gothic-Catalan civil architecture in Alghero.
It constitutes an extremely interesting model of late Gothic-Catalan architecture, as it renounces linearity and has a more fervent decorative liveliness
Built at the end of the sixteenth century by the Gujo i Durant family, the palace owes its current name to the Perretti family, who came from Corsica, and purchased it in the seventeenth century.
Among the most important buildings of the mid-15th century, Palazzo Carcassona stands in the Jewish quarter of Alghero.
L’edificio, di proprietà del mercante catalano Pere Tibau, si erge lungo carrer de Bonaire, in posizione adiacente al palazzo Gujo y Duran.